Part 1: Summers Family Story - Raising a Child with Autism
- Today, we are joined by Katie and Taylor Summers who adopted their son, Jonas, from Hungary. They talk about the gift of adoption and the blessings and challenges of being parents. They share their experiences raising and caring for a child with autism. Join us next week for part two of this series!
- Taylor and Katie Summers adopted their son Jonas from Hungary in 2022 at the age of 2. They matched with Jonas in July of 2022, and he was home in October. They stayed in Hungary for roughly six weeks where they bonded and connected with their son prior to coming home. Katie is a Nurse Practitioner and Taylor runs a Nonprofit in Kenya called Zoe Ministries. They have a heart for overseas mission work and carrying out the call of adoption.
- Herbie Newell is the President & Executive Director of Lifeline Children’s Services and its ministry arms.
- Rick Morton is the Vice President of Engagement at Lifeline Children's Services.
- At Lifeline, we know that growing as a healthy family can be challenging, especially in light of trauma.
- We’ve created an online video library for you to find helpful information, insight, and resources that can help you on your family’s journey.
- Register for free at https://lifelinechild.org/online-learning-experience/ to access available resources.
LIFELINE CHILDREN'S SERVICES
- The mission of Lifeline Children’s Services is to equip the Body of Christ to manifest the gospel to vulnerable children. Our vision is for vulnerable children and their communities to be transformed by the gospel and to make disciples.
- Web: lifelinechild.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @lifelinechild
- The Defender Podcast: Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- The Defender Bible Study: Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify