Conversation with Lisa Qualls and Melissa Corkum
- Today, we will be talking with Lisa Qualls and Melissa Corkum, authors of their new book called Reclaimed Compassion: The Adoptive Parent's Guide to Overcoming Blocked Care with Neuroscience and Faith. They discuss that and their work in the adoption and foster care community.
- Lisa Qualls is the author of The Connected Parent (with Dr. Karyn Purvis), a TBRI Practitioner and a Christian spiritual director. As a birth mom and adoptive mom, she writes and speaks with wisdom about the challenges and beauty of adoption. Lisa and her husband Russ live in Idaho and have twelve children and two granddaughters.
- As an adoptee and adoptive mom, Melissa Corkum provides insight and resources to adoptees and their parents through her writing, coaching, and speaking. She is a Safe and Sound Protocol Practitioner and Certified Enneagram Coach. Melissa and her husband, Patrick, live in Maryland and have six kids and two grandchildren.
- Herbie Newell is the President & Executive Director of Lifeline Children’s Services and its ministry arms.
- Rick Morton is the Vice President of Engagement at Lifeline Children's Services.
- Mission Kid is a free resource for churches or families to perfectly complement your camp, Backyard Bible Club, VBS, or other ministry program for children.
- New for this year is Mission Kid India! We will journey to India and explore how God is working through our partners to share eternal hope through practical care and the gospel.
- Lifeline’s curriculum includes lesson materials such as daily videos, teaching guides, and promotional materials like printable flyers and graphics to use on social media.
- Visit https://lifelinechild.org/mission-kid/ for more details.
LIFELINE CHILDREN'S SERVICES
- The mission of Lifeline Children’s Services is to equip the Body of Christ to manifest the gospel to vulnerable children. Our vision is for vulnerable children and their communities to be transformed by the gospel and to make disciples.
- Web: lifelinechild.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @lifelinechild
- The Defender Podcast: Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify
- The Defender Bible Study: Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify